Looking for a new role as an Assistant?
We are working with Private Healthcare in London to find an experienced Assistant to support the Healthcare team.
As a ward assistant, you will be responsible for ensuring that the centre is clean and tidy at all times throughout the day, especially on the ward where there may be a quick turnaround of patients. Patient rooms and pod areas will need quick and efficient cleaning to allow the business and patient journey to run smoothly.
Ensure staff and patient hospitality is well provisioned and efficiently managed. Emphasis is placed on the quality of a discrete and courteous service that is expected of all Fortius staff.
Responsible for all areas of the Surgical Centre i.e. the ward, staff restrooms and changing areas, reception and public facilities. The facility will be professionally cleaned every evening however the ward assistant will be responsible for maintaining this high level of cleanliness and tidiness throughout the day and to assist with general duties.
Healthcare assistants, clinical and reception staff will also assist in maintaining tidiness levels but it is the ward assistant’s responsibility to oversee and ensure a high-quality service.
• Assist with cleaning rooms, pod areas and bathrooms after patients have been discharged. Ensure trolleys and beds are clean and ready for use
• Empty bins both clinical and domestic waste and move to sluice areas.
• Assist with the laundry delivery and unloading into the laundry cupboard. Ensure linen and theatre scrub suits stock levels are maintained.
• Keep all areas (excluding sterile areas) of the surgical centre clean and tidy, this includes washing up, loading and unloading the dishwasher, dusting and polishing, emptying bins and sweeping/vacuuming as necessary. Reception area-to collect used crockery, clean and return
• Manage the stock levels of paper towels, toilet paper, and hand soap and inform Materials Manager when reordering is required.
• Responsible for ordering patient and staff food and ensuring adequate stock levels. Ensuring that the order is cost-effective without compromise.
• Take patient food orders prior to surgery
• Collect lunch orders and collect
• Serve lunch orders, assist patients where necessary and to return in a timely manner to remove the tray
• Remove trolleys from the pods and take to the theatre once the patient has vacated pod area
• Monitoring and refreshing hygiene facilities regularly throughout the day ensuring that they are tidy, clean and well provisioned
• Help and ensure the safety and wellbeing of visitors and staff within the clinic
• Observe and report any issues with health and safety or maintenance problems to the facilities team
• Have a close working relationship with the ward staff, to be visible and available to assist the ward staff. You will also have a relationship with the materials manager and the housekeeping teams in the other Fortius facilities.
Knowledge and Experience
You should have at least 1 years’ experience of housekeeping preferably dealing with the public in a clinical or hospitality setting. You should be comfortable, confident and clear in your communication with a wide variety of stakeholders including visitors, patients, consultants, wards and theatre staff as well as colleagues and suppliers to the clinic.
- 1 years’ experience of housekeeping
- Clinical / hospitality experience
- Fluent communicator in both written and spoken English
- Well organised and methodical
- Numerate, aware of the cost and longevity of consumables and managing them efficiently
- Discrete, able to work quietly and maintain the confidentiality of patients and visitors.
- Observant able to spot faults, spills and general disorder and swift rectify them.
- Flexible, happy to deal with spills or dirt when they occur
- Strong team player
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Friendly and confident manner