Our client in Bristol is looking for a Theatre practitioner to join their team of talented professionals. You will be working alongside a dedicated team to provide and uphold the highest standards of care. They are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated individual with a flexible approach to be part of their General Theatres.
Are you an ODP/RGN looking for a new challenge? Our client currently has vacancies for band 5 positions in their General Theatres. Hey Groves Theatres, has 6 theatres with a range of specialities including Limb reconstruction, Thoracic, Trauma Orthopaedics, max fax, Upper GI, Lower GI, Gynae, HPB, and a designated CEPOD list. The working pattern you would be expected to fulfil within your working hours up to 37.5 will include a range of shifts as well as nights and weekends.
Our client is one of the largest acute Trusts in the country and the major teaching and research centre for the South West. With over 9,500 staff, over 100 different clinical services, working in nine hospitals in the centre and to the south of Bristol, they offer a wide range of careers and jobs. Together they support the delivery of excellent care to the people of Bristol and beyond. They are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Bristol is also a beautiful place to live in and there are many places to enjoy yourself during your time off work including visiting the harbour, relaxing in one of their many peaceful parks or exploring the contemporary art gallery.
Duties and Responsibilities
• In partnership with other professionals and disciplines, develop measurable patient care plans/goals. The process should include assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient care from admission to timely transfer or discharge.
• Take charge of the clinical needs of a group of defined patients on the ward /department prioritising workload according to changing clinical need over a 24 period.
• Work towards regularly taking charge of the ward/department on occasion prioritising workload according to changing clinical need over a 24 period.
• Delegate tasks and activities to a range of team members in relation to patient care (for example when taking charge or as link nurse)
• Ensure nursing documentation is maintained, accurate and timely in line with the Trust standard
• To demonstrate awareness and compliance with Trust policies, procedures, guidelines and standards. To work towards promoting this to others.
• Promote and maintain a safe environment for patients
• Administer medicines in accordance with Trust policy.
• Promote a clean environment and the prevention of hospital acquired infection
• Respond positively and act promptly to resolve problems/issues for patients/carers, utilising complaints procedures and PALs where appropriate.
• Identify record and report all incidents/complaints involving staff, patients and visitors in accordance with NHS Foundation Trust policies and assist in any investigations as required.
• Assist with the smooth running of the clinical area by carrying out other duties such as unpacking stores, tidying and cleaning up equipment.
• Ensure that the nursing/HCPC practice of the area comply with the Trust’s nursing/HCPC policies and procedures.
• Registered Nurse level1 or 2 or C+G 752/ NVQ level 3 Operating Department Practitioner/ Dip HE in Operating Room Practice
• Training Qualification or equivalent experience
• Relevant post registration course
• Experience of caring for sick patients in a variety of settings – this could be as a student
• Good basic level of English language demonstrated through effective written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to solve problems and use initiative
• Ability to develop own clinical skills and a willingness to participate in continuing professional development
• Competency in medication administration including IV drug administration or willingness to undergo training
• Corporate Park & Ride bus season ticket
• Carpark Discounts
• Free shuttle bus
• NHS Pension Scheme
• Annual leave
• Exclusive local discounts
• My Trust Benefits
• The Grand Appeal lottery
• Charitable giving
• Avon Partnership Occupational Health Service
• Training, Learning & Development
• Counselling service
• Living and Working with Disability, Illness or Injury
• Workplace Wellbeing Team
• Staff Side - trade unions
• Loyalty vouchers & retirement party
• Recognising Success Awards