Do you want to work within one of the leading private hospitals in the UK?
If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
A new position has just been released for a recovery nurse to join one of the leading Private Hospitals in the UK. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the dynamic Outpatient department.
Since being established in 1983 in London, we have evolved into one of the UK’s largest providers of plastic surgery and cosmetic treatments with a network of 12 clinics nationwide (from Scotland to the South West) and over 50 surgeons and doctors working with us.
We believe that it is our duty to safeguard our patients and ensure that their experience is a positive one. Our mission is therefore, to ensure we design and deliver care and treatments with client safety at the heart of our decision-making. We aim to achieve an exceptional level of client satisfaction by managing client expectations and ensuring their outcomes are as described. This is achieved through only offering high quality treatments and cosmetic procedures, delivered through skilled, knowledgeable and competent staff whom we believe are amongst the most expert in their field.
We take this very same approach time and time again, for every treatment we offer and every medical professional we work with
The hospital is close to tubes stations including Regents Park, great Portland Street, Baker Street and Marylebone. As well as main line connections to Marylebone and Euston with attractions and social life such as madame Tussauds London, London eye and the Shard all within a 30-minute travel. You will be surrounded by some of London’s great sights.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure that the recovery area is fit for purpose
- Ensure pre-operative checks are made on all equipment prior to accepting the patient into the department and prior to the administration of any anaesthetic or surgical procedure.
- Understand and apply a holistic patient centred approach, identifying and taking account of specialist clinical need whilst patient is in the Theatre.
- Ensuring that policies and procedures are adhered to in relation to safeguards against wrong operations, and correct procedures are followed.
- Respond to, record and report any adverse events or incidents relating to the intervention / treatment with an appropriate degree of urgency.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of compromised patients when in recovery.
- To ensure that correct aseptic techniques and PPE are always used.
- Ensure patients privacy and dignity
- Demonstrate specimen management.
- To administer medicines in accordance with NMC guidelines, Policies and Procedures.
- Prepare appropriately for the care / intervention / treatment to be undertaken including the risks to be managed.
- Correctly follow routine maintenance schedules and procedures for equipment.
- Accurately test equipment and identify any deviations from required performance standards, together with their likely causes.
- Clean and restore equipment and work areas, leaving them in a suitable condition for future use.
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of drugs, partake in decision making regarding patient requirements.
- Cover the out of hours on call phone according to the on-call rota.
Registered Nurse and/or Operating Department Practitioner.
Extensive recovery experience at a senior practitioner level.
Experience in practice development.
Evidence of effective management.
Experience within the private sector preferable but not essential.
Career development and sector leading training
Discounted treatments for you and your family
Subsidised Private Healthcare
25 days holiday + bank holidays
Regular social activities