We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic outreach nurse/intensive care nurse, with minimum five years’ experience at a senior position, who has successfully completed their ICU and mentorship courses and is willing to develop further in this speciality.
Our Client is the UK’s largest independently owned non-profit hospital. Consisting of over 250 patient’s beds and 17 theatres (including a minimally invasive theatre and the new Hybrid vascular theatre), an endoscopy unit, a radiology unit, dialysis and a state-of-the-art Intensive Care Unit, they undertake highly complex procedures, in addition to routine surgery and medicine.
The Clinic’s Outreach Team is part of the Intensive Care Nursing Team. As an independent sub-team, the service provided is nurse-led and offers support and guidance to nurses in all ward areas, in relation to patients who have been discharged from Intensive Care, or who are at risk of deteriorating whilst in the ward environment. This is the only Independent Sector Outreach Team in London to provide a 24h service.
- Independently act as a specialist resource to provide critical care expertise to the multidisciplinary team, irrespective of patients’ clinical speciality or presenting condition, acting as an emergency resource via bleep system to calls for support to Level 1 adult patients
- Make suggestions for patient management through analysis of available information and initiate referrals to multidisciplinary specialists, as judged appropriate
- Provide follow-up care to patients transferred from critical care to ward areas
- Participate as a member of the Resuscitation Team, by responding and providing care in emergency situations
- Evaluate the nursing service and ensure agreed Clinic’s standards are adhered to
- Work with Matrons Office/Ward Managers to uphold agreed standards of care
- Assist in the identification of educational needs of the MDT, in relation to critical care skills within the Clinic
- Participate in staff education and development, and act as mentor and resource for learners within the nursing and multi-disciplinary team
- Submit and investigate accidents, incidents (Datix) and complaints, implementing corrective actions where necessary, in consultation with the unit management
- Contribute to the management, support of the daily activities, leadership and strategy of the Unit
- Behave according to the Clinic’s Behavioural Framework